The Goulburn Chamber of Commerce is excited to launch the 2020 Business2580 Awards. For the sixth year running (previously known as the Goulburn Excellence in Business Awards), the awards will highlight the amazing local businesses we have in Goulburn – this year with an extra focus on celebrating the local businesses our residents love the most across a range of categories.
Given COVID-19 restrictions the Chamber made the decision to modify the award categories and not hold an awards gala dinner event. This year the Business2580 Awards will be run via Facebook, with nominations and voting coming directly from the residents of Goulburn.
How it will work
Twice a week over the six week award period, a post will go up on the Chamber Facebook page announcing an Awards Category open for nominations.
The first category will be posted on Monday 18 May.
New categories will be announced on Mondays and Thursdays.
Winners of the Monday category will be announced on Thursday morning.
Winners of the Thursday category will be announced on Monday morning.
Residents are encouraged to nominate a local business they think are the best in that category. Maybe their products are the best quality. Maybe their customer service is second to none. Maybe the owner or staff are just the best. It doesn’t matter why you love them, just make sure you nominate them by commenting on the post! Local business owners can self nominate too – get your fans, friends and family to vote!
A business doesn’t have to have a Facebook page to be nominated, you can just type the business name in a comment.
If your favourite business has already been nominated, hit the like button to vote for them.
The winner of each category will be the business with the most likes at the end of the voting period. Make sure you like the Chamber Facebook page so you see the new categories come up.
At the end of the six weeks all the category winners will be nominated for the Best in Show Award and residents will be asked to vote for the best of the best.
See below for full T&Cs.
Nominated businesses have the opportunity to win an amazing prize pack valued at over $1800! The Chamber thanks the Business2580 Award sponsors for their generous support in celebrating and recognising our outstanding local businesses.
Each category winner receives:
- A Business2580 Awards trophy (Evolution Trophies)
- A “Business2580 Awards Winner” sticker for their shopfront/vehicle + digital version for social media/website/email signature (Studio4)
- An interview on radio and one week advertising package worth $1200 (Radio Goulburn)
- A coffee machine (Harvey Norman)
- Profile on Goulburn Chamber’s Facebook page and website
- 12 months membership to the Goulburn Chamber of Commerce
The winner of the Best in Show will receive all the above + Best in Show trophy and sticker + the bragging rights to being the best of the best!
The twelve categories will be:
- Cafes, Restaurants & Catering – businesses who provide dine in and/or takeaway food and beverage (excl pubs and clubs)
- Pubs & Clubs – business who provide beverages, food, entertainment, gaming and betting services
- Hairdresser & Beauty Services – businesses who provide services across hairdressing, spa treatments, massage, cosmetics/make-up, tattooing, hair removal and nail care
- Retail Shop – businesses who provide consumer products for sale via a physical storefront and/or online shop
- Automotive – businesses who provide products and services related to cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles
- Trade – businesses who provide skilled manual work including plumbers, electricians, carpenters, concreters, builders and other qualified trades
- Real Estate, Housing & Development – businesses who facilitate the buying/selling/leasing/renting of land and buildings (excl builders)
- Business Services – businesses who provide services to help other businesses operate and grow
- Training & Learning – businesses who provide training and educational services including day care, pre-school, after-school care/holiday activities, vocational, business and adult education
- Entertainment & Media – businesses who provide live entertainment or create/distribute content across film, tv, print and radio
- Health, Fitness & Wellbeing – businesses who provide products and services aimed at improving the mental, physical and emotional health of people
- Community Groups (not for profits) – organisations who run community programs and/or provide services to minority/disadvantaged/vulnerable groups within the community
Winners of each category will be automatically nominated for the Best in Show Award.
Terms and Conditions
The Business2580 Awards are all about celebrating our local business heroes. We don’t want to over complicate it with a bunch of rules and regulations, but it helps to lay a few ground rules. If you have any questions or comments please get in touch with the Chamber via email@example.com
- The awards are are in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- Businesses are eligible for nomination if they are physically located in the 2580 postal code, or if they conduct a significant amount of business in the 2580 postal code.
- The Chamber reserves the right to delete any nominations deemed non-eligible.
- Businesses may be eligible for more than one category. There is no limit on how many categories a business may be nominated in, as long as they meet the definition of each category.
- The Awards and Chamber Facebook page are not the place for airing disputes or complaints about a local business or organisation. The Chamber reserves the right to delete comments deemed inappropriate, discriminatory or defamatory.
- Nominations and votes will only be counted if they are made in the comments of the original category post on the Chamber Facebook page. Tags/likes on a shared copy of the category post will not be included.
- Voting opens as soon as the category announcement has been posted to the Chamber Facebook page. Voting closes at 09.00am AEST on Thursdays for the categories announced on Monday. Voting closes at 09.00am AEST on Mondays for the categories announced on Thursday.
- Category winners will be determined based on which business has the highest number of likes/loves. “Like” and “Love” have equal weighting as votes. All other ‘reactions’ (e.g. sad, angry, laughing) will not count as votes.
- If the highest number of likes is equal across more than one business in a category, a second round of voting will take place for that category only. Only those businesses sharing the highest number of likes will be part of the second round. The winner will be determined by the highest number of likes obtained in the second round of voting.
- The Chamber’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be notified via Facebook and email. The Chamber will notify Harvey Norman and Radio Goulburn of the category and Best in Show winners. Arrangements for the collection of the coffee machine and use of radio package are to be made between the winning business and Harvey Norman/Radio Goulburn. The Chamber bears no responsibility for the administration of these prizes.
- Winning businesses agree to participate in media activities associated with the Awards, including providing information, photos/logos and other content for media releases, print/radio/digital publication, Facebook posts and the Chamber website.